Oldest Blood Bank in Thane and Mumbai - Navjivan Blood Bank
Navjivan Blood Bank - brain child of Dr Mukesh Udani has been in existence since past 2 decades. With Blood Donation centres in Gokhale Road Thane West and also in Western Mumbai at Borivali, we aim to be one of the best Blood banks in Mumbai.
Blood is very precious and can save lives. But only if we donate our blood, can we save someones life.
Therefore at Navjivan Blood Bank Thane, we humbly request everyone to donate blood once in 3 months. It will not only help you stay fit, you can be blessed with donating your blood to someone needy. You also get many Health Benefits when you donate Blood.
Some of them being:
- Decreased risk of heart attacks
- Feeling of good wellbeing
- You also get a Blood donor card. This card helps you get blood for free when in need or emergency.
Some of the reasons people need blood transfusions are:
- Child birth
- Blood disorders e.g. thalessemia
Many people think that Blood Donation is a tedious process. But fear not, because it is very easy.
Blood donation procedure:
- Eligible donors blood is only taken
- Its very safe and quick procedure
- All blood donation bags are one time use and the needle, the tubing and bag are all one single unit.Cannot be reused.
Yes, Navjivan Blood Bank in Western Mumbai and Thane does charge when you donate blood.
But there are reasons for it as below:
Why does blood bank charge for a blood which is donated by someone?
- There is a cost involved in running a blood bank.
- There are stringent criteria for storing blood at specific temperatures which requires continuous electric supply.
- Every blood has to undergo several tests to ensure the blood is suitable for being used.
We at Navjivan Blood Bank Thane sincered urge and request everyone to Donate Blood frequently.
What can YOU do to Donate Blood with a Blood bank like Navjivan?
- Make Blood Donation a HABIT
- Donate regularly – after every 3 months to commemorate special days like birthdays, anniversaries
- Motivate others to donate
- Refer your friends and relatives
If you need a blood for any emergency, please get in touch with us at following number:
Thane: 2537 1000, 2540 0425, 2537 3333
Borivali: 2893 4122, 2893 5133
or schedule a call back at following link.
We are open 24 x 7
State of Art Blood Bank
Equipped with best technologyically advanced instruments and fully air-conditioned. Clean, neat and homely environment. Services availble 24 X 7 X 365 days
Why is voluntary blood donation encouraged?
In the days of blood communicable infections, repeat voluntary donors who donate without any form of remuneration, are the cornerstone of a safe and adequate blood supply.
Why is 3 months interval required between two donations ?
Although the lost blood is replenished within 6 weeks, an additional 6 weeks is required for the safety of the donor.
Can one contract HIV or Hepatitis by donating blood ?
One cannot contract HIV or hepatitis by donating blood as only sterile items and disposables items are used during the donation process.
Natural disasters and other crises can strike at any time. After a mass shooting or a devastating hurricane, it's human nature to want to help. But when the need is hundreds of miles away, what can you do?....
Blood donation is a voluntary procedure that can help save the lives of others. There are several types of blood donation,....